- Please note that in order to receive CME credits you must sign-in on the attendance sheet between 7:45 am and 8:10 am. The sheet will be removed promptly at 8:10 am. You must also complete an evaluation sheet by the end of the meeting.
June 15, 2018
- Annual Program Evaluation (Ophthalmology UF & VA Faculty and Residents Only)
June 8, 2018
- Mean Melanocytes. Subspecialty Topic: Cornea/External Disease. Presented by Aaron Noll, M.D., UF Ophthalmology Resident, PGY-2.
- More lens, more problems. Subspecialty Topic: Glaucoma. Presented by Gavin Reed, M.D., UF Ophthalmology Resident, PGY-2.
June 1, 2018
- The Canker Chronicles. Subspecialty Topic: Anterior segment/Cornea. Presented by Jason Miles, M.D., UF Ophthalmology Resident, PGY-2.
- Transient Vision Loss. Subspecialty Topic: Neuro-Ophthalmology & Retina. Presented by Lorick Andersen, M.D., UF Ophthalmology Resident, PGY-2.
May 25, 2018
- M&M Review (Ophthalmology & VA Faculty and Residents Only)
May 18, 2018
- Glaucoma and Blindness at the Center of the Earth. Subspecialty Topic: Glaucoma. Presented by Donald L. Budenz, M.D., M.P.H. Professor and Chair, Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina.
May 11, 2018
- Lions and Tigers and Bears – Oh, My! Subspecialty Topic: Comparative Ophthalmology. Presented by Caryn E. Plummer, DVM, DACVO. Comparative Ophthalmology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida.
May 4, 2018
- Mystery Grand Rounds. Subspecialty Topic: Comprehensive Ophthalmology. Presented by Kevin Talbot, M.D.
- Unilateral Vision Loss, Again. Subspecialty Topic: Neuro-Ophthalmology. Presented by Gavin Reed, M.D.
April 27, 2018
- Mid-Year Forum Update (UF & VA Ophthalmology Clinical Faculty and Residents Only). Presented by Valentina Lozano, M.D and Kaihan Fakhar, M.D.
April 20, 2018
- Evidence that STAT3 protects photoreceptors by increasing expression of protein editing genes and decreasing outer segment genes. Subspecialty Topic: Retina/Neuroprotection. Presented by Casey Keuthan, Ph.D. Candidate, Laboratory of Dr. John D. Ash.
- AMPK activator, Metformin, induced protection of the retian and RPE through metabolic reprogramming. Subspecialty Topic: Retina/RPE metabolism. Presented by Lei Xu, Ph.D. Candidate, Laboratory of Dr. John D. Ash.
- Blind and Congested. Subspecialty Topic: Retina. Presented by Kathleen Regan, M.D.
April 13, 2018
- No Grand Rounds Scheduled
April 6, 2018
- A Boring Red Eye. Subspecialty Topic: Uveitis. Presented by Aaron Noll, M.D.
- An Eye for An Eye. Subspecialty Topic: Cornea & Glaucoma. Presented by Aaron Webel, M.D.
March 2, 2018
- Development of Gene Therapy for Best’s Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy (BVMD). Subspecialty Topic: Retina. Presented by Cristhian Ildefonso, Ph.D.
- Not Your Average BRAO. Subspecialty Topic: Retina/Neuro-Ophthalmology. Presented by Collin Ohning, M.D.
February 23, 2018
- The Eye’s Hot and We’re Bothered. Subspecialty Topic: Cataract, Uveitis, Anterior Segment. Presented by Jade Guevara, M.D. and Aaron Webel, M.D.
February 16, 2018
- Mysterious Tunnel Vision. Subspecialty Topic: Neuro-Ophthalmology. Presented by Valentina Lozano, M.D.
- You’ll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid! Subspecialty Topic: Oculoplastics, Trauma. Presented by Jason Ludlow, M.D.
February 2, 2018
- What’s Wrong with My Grandson’s Eye? Subspecialty Topic: Cornea. Presented by Ahmaida Zeglam, M.D.
- Vitreous Hemorrhage. Subspecialty Topic: Neuro-Ophthalmology. Presented by Kaihan Fakhar, M.D.
January 26, 2018
- A Story of a Patient Having Poor Vision. Subspecialty Topic: Pediatrics/Retina. Presented by Andres Gonzalez, M.D.
- A Novel Treatment of Diabetic Papillitis. Subspecialty Topic: Retina/Neuro-Ophthalmology. Presented by Phillip Ames, M.D.
January 19, 2018
- Advocating for Our Patients and Our Profession. Presented by Darby D. Miller, M.D. M.P.H., Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic Florida.